Tuesday, April 24, 2012

(RIP Obie) Right Back At It

Well here I am, back in Mexico like I never left.  It was a very bitter-sweet trip back to the states.  A close friend of my family passed away last week in a motorcycle accident.  He was only 19 years old.  Just goes to show how fragile life is.  Make sure you tell the ones you love that you love them and tell them often.  Much love to anyone reading this.  RIP Obie....

I arrived back in Mexico on Sunday afternoon, staying at the same hotel; Casa de la Condesa.  This time, they gave me a room on the other side of the hotel.  Although it is a bit smaller, I like this room much better.  I have a small balcony with a hammock and a view of the plaza outside.  Also, my bed is a bit softer, the shower has good pressure and...... a door on it!!  Maybe they were reading my blog?      

This week we are working over night on the convenience routes.  We start at 8pm and don't get done until about 5am.  These routes seem a bit harder than the other routes that I have been on.  There is only one vendor for all brands, which means they work with a lot (*side note: maybe one day I will remember before spell check reminds me that a lot is two words and not one*) of different products.  Each store takes at least an hour so each night the vendor only services 5-7 stores.

My body is clearly not used to the over night hours.  I should probably be asleep right now.  I am sure that by the time my body adjust, I will be going back to working days.  But it is what it is.....

I just got an email that told me we are going to meet Daniel Servitje on Friday.  For those that don't know, Daniel is the CEO of Grupo Bimbo so this is kind of a big deal.  According to the email, we won't be meeting him in person however.  It will be via satellite.  He is a very important, busy man so I am pretty honored he is making some time for us.  I am looking forward to chatting with him.      

No comments:

Post a Comment